There’s a new update available for Amazon’s Kindle for PC application that adds new font choices and some new features.
Kindle 1.23 Download
The update version is 1.23.1 (50133) and it’s available to download from Amazon’s Kindle reading apps page.
Among the changes is the addition of two column mode, a needed option on a wide computer screen.
Download Kindle Create 1.38.0 from our software library for free. The software is categorized as Office Tools. The latest setup file that can be downloaded is 53.9 MB in size. Our built-in antivirus scanned this download and rated it as virus free. This free software is a product of Amazon.com, Inc.
But two column mode only seems to work on certain books.
- Free kindle 1.24 download software at UpdateStar - Amazon Kindle is a revolutionary reading device. Amazon has also developed significant digital and mobile businesses include MP3, Amazon Instant Video, IMDb, Amazon Mobile store, and Audible.
- However, they are still abit expensive and a lot of users can't afford it. That's why we can use Amazon Kindle for PC, a program that let us read the eBooks we buy for the Amazon Kindle device even if we don't own it. The program synchronizes with your Amazon account and download those books you have already bought.
- Kindle for PC 22.214.171.124068 Released: 30th Aug 2018 (2 years ago) Kindle for PC 1.23.1 Build 50133 Released: 17th Apr 2018 (2 years ago) Kindle for PC 1.21.0.
It works fine on all non-Amazon books that I try but every Amazon book that I open is locked in one column mode—exactly the opposite of what you’d expect.
With two column mode you also have to increase the page width from the Aa menu or the layout looks like narrow newspaper columns with super wide margins.
Here’s the full list of changes:
What’s new in Kindle for PC 1.23.1
1. New Fonts: You can choose from six new fonts (Baskerville, Caecillia, Helvetica, Helvetica Light, Lucida, Palatino) in addition to Bookerly, Amazon Ember, Amazon Ember Bold and Open Dyslexic in the Aa(Fonts) menu.
2. Two Column mode: You can now choose to read with one column, two columns or with the number of columns determined automatically based on the font size selected and the page width.
3. Viewer for Images, Math equations and Footnotes – Double click on an Image / Math equation to launch the viewer.
4. Split View support: You can now read in Split View on your PC.